Experienced Photographer and Creative Professional
Skilled, well rounded, photographer. Well versed in digital and traditional photography in all formats. Background in location and studio photography utilizing available and strobe lighting. Fine art photography exhibited nationally. Has worked with clients of all ages and backgrounds. Capable of complex post production, editing and retouching using industry standard software. Moderate degree of carpentry knowledge. Looking to become a part of a creative team in a catalog or e-commerce development department.
- Exhibited personal photographic projects in national and regional shows.
- Utilized digital and traditional photographic techniques to produce images for print and exhibition.
- Handled location and the studio shoots for events, collaborations, and documentation.
Tyler Robbins Photography – June 2005-present
- Capture and edit photographs for wedding, portraits, events and magazines.
- Document art works, installations and performances for artists’ portfolios.
- Work with creative teams on commercial product and lifestyle shoots.
Archer Geographic, LTD. – June 2009-April 2012
- Enhance satellite imagery to improve overall visual aesthetics
- Merge satellite imagery from various sources into one image, create cohesive color schemes.
- Correcting color of imagery and removal of unwanted anomalies/objects
Visual Image Photography – August 2010-September 2011
- Posed arranged and photographed individual athletes and teams.
- Utilized portable lighting in indoor and outdoor locations to produce consistent results.
- Efficiently captured large volume shoots with consistent cropping and posing.
Photography Project Assistant – UW Madison Art Department – 2008-2009
- Documented departmental art, events and facilities.
- Maintained and expanded archive of photographs used for print and web
- Instructed art documentation seminars.
Notable Freelance Projects
- World Hunger Conference 2007- Event documentation photography
- Brava Magazine – portrait, editorial, and food photography.
- Doheny’s Water Warehouse – 2012 – product and lifestyle photography for web and print catalog
- Forest Art Wisconsin – Catalog photography, art documentation, created artist portraits, produced prints for traveling exhibit. www.waldkunst.com/2007/
- Yale Economic Review – Winter 2007 Issue – portrait photography
- Douglas Rosenberg 2009- 2012 – assisted performance artist on several book / photographic projects
- Trans : Visual Culture Conference 2006 – Event / Art Documentation
2006-2009 – University of Wisconsin Madison – Master of Fine Arts – Photography
2003-2006 – University of Wisconsin Madison – Bachelor of Fine Arts
1999-2001 – University of Wisconsin Milwaukee
Chimpsy Photo Fieldtrips – August 2011-present
- Teaching photography courses designed to introduce beginning and novice students to exposure and composition fundamentals.
People Program, UW Madison – Madison WI – Summer 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
Instructed 12 high school students. Taught 3 week traditional black and white photography class.
American Collegiate Scholars – Madison, WI – Summer 2008
- Taught 3 week introductory digital photography class and 3 week traditional photography class.
Alternative process lecture/demo – University of Wisconsin, Madison – Fall 2006, 2007
- Demonstrated cyanotype and Van Dyke printing. Also covered methods for producing a negative for contact printing.
Publications / Press
Lenscratch.com – http://lenscratch.blogspot.com/2010/08/tyler-robbins.html
Treehugger.com – What Does Sustainability Look Like? Photos From Around the World
JPGmag.com Blog – “Sustainability” Best of Photo Challenge
JPGmag.com Blog – “What’s In Your Fridge” Best of Photo Challenge
Photo Forum – Best of College Photography 2008 – Honorable Mention
Americas 2000: Works on Paper – Exhibition Catalog
Madison: People, Places and Events – Exhibition Catalog
Illumination – Undergraduate Journal of Humanities – Photography
Vilas Travel Grant 2009
Photo Forum – Best of College Photography 2008 – Honorable Mention
Glenn R. Allen Graduate Student Art Scholarship
Kathryn J. Krug Scholarship
Hooper Foundation Scholarship
Wisconsin Union Art Collection
Photography, historical processes, daguerreotypes, cycling, gardening, ecology, sustainability, cooking, teaching, brewing, art, design, wood working, lawn care
St. Nobert College, DePere, WI – Visiting artist slide lecture and large format camera demo.
Reconciling Suburban Life – Society of Photographic Educators National Conference – Dallas, TX
Anatomy of a Weekend – James Watrous Gallery, Madison, WI – Photography, Mixed Media
Suburban – Steenbock Gallery, Madison, WI – Photography
Pleased to Meat You – 7th Floor Gallery, Madison, WI – Photography
No Strings Attached – Shepherd Fine Arts Gallery – Reno, Nevada
Contemporary Daguerreotypes – Case Study Terminus 100 – Atlanta, Georgia
Home Sweet Home – Jackie Macaulay Gallery, Madison, WI
Van Dyke Print
Love Lost and Found – Sheppard Fine Arts Gallery, Reno Nevada – Photograph
Home Sweet Home – Overture Center for the Arts – Van Dyke Print
Masters’ Mystery – The Ritz Carlton, South Beach, FL – Photographs
6×6 – SUNY Jefferson Community College, Watertown, NY – Photographs
Home Sweet Home – UW Memorial Union – Van Dyke Brown Print
Worlds Away: New Suburban Landscapes – Walker Arts Center, Minneapolis, MN – Video
Post Petroleum – Sheppard Fine Arts Gallery, Reno Nevada -Christine Pinney Karkow, Curator Photography
House Work – School Woods Supper Club, Madison, WI – Douglas Rosenberg, Curator
Performance : Sausage Party
F-stop – 7th Floor Gallery, Madison, WI
80th Annual Student Art Show – Porter Butts Gallery, Madison, WI
GRFX – 7th Floor Gallery, Madison, WI
Third Gear – 7th Floor Gallery, Madison, WI
Fresh Hot Press – Overture Center for the Arts, Madison, WI
Two Timed – 7th Floor Gallery, Madison, WI
Advance – 7th Floor Gallery, Madison, WI
First Year MFA Review – 7th Floor Gallery, Madison, WI
University Of Wisconsin Madison MFA Review Exhibition – UW Oshkosh
InfluX – Overture Center for the Arts, Madison, WI
Madison: People Places and Events – Overture Center & Steenbock Gallery, Madison, WI
Americas 2000: Paper Works – Minot State University, Minot, ND
Art Student Invitational – State Street Gallery, Madison, WI
Fresh Hot Press – Overture Center for the Arts
Illumination – Open Book Cafe, College Library, UW Madison
78th Annual Student Art Show – Porter Butts & Class of 1925 Galleries, Madison, WI
New Works – Espresso Royale Cafe, Madison, WI
Fresh Hot Press – 734 Gallery, Madison, WI
Circus World – 7th Floor Gallery, Madison, WI
B.A.T. – 7th Floor Gallery, Madison, WI
Fresh Hot Press – Madison Municipal Building
Size – 7th Floor Gallery – UW Madison, Madison, WI
77th Annual Student Art Show – Porter Butts & Class of 1925 Galleries, Madison, WI
Vacancy (solo exhibition) – Espresso Royale Cafe, Madison, WI (May 2005)
Beans & Cream Cafe, Sun Prairie, WI (August 2005)
Work with creative teams on commercial product and lifestyle shoots.